Monday, October 20, 2008

I Did it!

I did it, I canned apple sauce and apple butter! The last time I made anything to can was with Randi over at I Have To Say. and that was years ago we made jam and syrup together. That was so fun we got strawberry all over my kitchen( mostly my fault because Randi is a bit more tidy than I :) ) anyway I have never canned by myself and now I can say that I have done this and it turned out great. I hope to do more canning of other things in the near future! Maybe things from my own garden, like tomatoes or beans. I don't know we will just have to wait and find out.



3 comments:

randi said...

Yum! Apple butter is so good!

I wish I had done more canning this summer, but i only did pickles and peppers. Next year I want a much bigger garden and lots of things to can. Wanna come help me? I wish!!!

Sandra Lundy said...

I love apple butter! I've been in a serious canning mood lately....lots of tomatoes and some pumpkin butter, too! (I posted my pumpkin butter on my blog) Now, you're making me think about apples....I think they'll be next! Yum!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your apple butter looks delicious!! Nothing bets homemade preserves!