Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sewing Fun!

Well I have been busy today! This is an example of a bag that my girls and I are making with some friends from a homeschooling group to send to the ladies in Cambodia, Africa.( I hope I spelled that right?) But this bag I made today is for Grandma Jean, she loves Batiks fabric so I used some that I have and made it for her! this bag is special because it comes with large pocket and lots of them, 5 to be exact! Anyway I hope she likes it!
Now this here is quite the story! I was trying to follow a pattern that I saw on my friend Randi's blog that she got from another persons blogg. Anyway I tried to make it small enough for coral but ended up making it the size that would fit my baby not born yet! ANYWAY! With some time and frustration I made it long enough to fit Coral and I think it turned out really cute!
I think I finally have the sewing bug again. I tried to talk my older girls into letting me make them a skirt like this but they refused, ALOT!! But they did pick out another pattern for me to make for them, I think that I will just be adding some length and make the straps a little thicker or maybe alot of length and massive straps! I don't know we will see how it all turns out!
Aloha!

No comments: